How to Operate the Respironics SimplyGo Rental Video
Scott Ridl posted this on May 8, 2017
In this video overview, you will learn how to use and operate the Respironics SimplyGo oxygen rental. The instructional video also includes a comprehensive overview of accessories included with the rental. The Respironics SimplyGo rental includes the unit, rolling cart, battery, AC and DC chargers, a nasal cannula and a user’s manual.
How to Operate the Unit
This portion of the video explains the following topics.
- How to Turn the Unit On and Off
- How to Change the Settings
- How to Change the Oxygen Delivery Method
High and Low Priority Alarms
It is very important to recognize the different alarms on the SimplyGo rental. Low priority alerts can easily be avoided and are the following: No Breath, High Breath Rate, Low Battery and No Flow Alarm. High priority alerts are less common and may require immediate attention and are the following: Attention, Technical Fault and Depleted Battery. If the alarm persists after you have performed the possible remedies, please contact American Medical Sales and Rentals.
How to Insert and Remove Batteries
- To insert the battery: Place the battery in the slot and push down until the battery clicks into place and it flush with the unit.
- To remove the battery: Lift up on battery handle until the battery is free and clear from the unit.
How to Use AC/DC Chargers
Charging your SimplyGo rental is important, especially if you are on the go. The AC charger comes with the AC cord and AC adapter. Make sure you connect the cord to the charging brick before plugging the unit in. The battery symbol will appear on the LCD screen when the device is being charged. The DC charger works in a similar way, except that you plug it into your car’s cigarette lighter port.
How to Attach a Cannula
Attach the open, ribbed end of the cannula and twist onto the oxygen port, which is the metal tube at the top of the unit, to the right of the display screen. Twist until the cannula is flush at the seam.
How to Attach the Rolling Cart
- To remove the cart: Detach the Velcro straps that go around the cart and lift the unit up and away from the cart.
- To re-attach the cart: To re-attach, simply place the unit on the cart and wrap the Velcro straps around it.
Additional questions about the Respironics SimplyGo oxygen machine may be addressed by contacting the Oxygen Concentrator Store at 1877-774-9271 or by referring to the user’s manual, included with the rental.
Categories: Product Video Resources