A battery charger is an extremely important thing to have if you have a spare battery that you will be using a back-up for your portable oxygen concentrator. The point of having a portable oxygen concentrator is that you don't need to sit still while you are using it.
Not all of our portable oxygen concentrators will require a spare battery or a battery charger. Some concentrators do not have a battery that can be changed out and recharged externally. For example, the Lifechoice can be recharged by plugging the machine itself into a power source.
We know that having an extra battery and a battery charger is extremely important, which is why our external battery chargers are reasonably priced. Each battery charger is designed to specifically fit the battery for each portable concentrator. Brands:
Respirionics, Inogen, Sequal, DeVilbiss Respirionics SimplyGo Battery Charger
– This external charger is only 2 pounds and is small enough to stow away in your carry bag or accessory bag for easy access. Your SimplyGo battery slides easily into the port and only takes about 2 to 3 hours to be fully charged. This charger by itself comes with a 90 manufacturer warranty. Your SimplyGo external battery charger comes with its own AC power supply cord. Inogen One G3 Battery Charger
– This charger works with your One G3 8-cell and 16-cell batteries. The spare 8-cell can be charged from 0 to 100% in just 2 to 4 hours, and it will bring the 16-cell to 100% in 4 to 8 hours. The purchase of this charger comes with an AC power supply, so won't need to worry about buying another adapter separately to fit your charger. This charger is also small and will stay out of the way. Respirionics EverGo Battery Charger
– The charger for your spare EverGo batteries will have them charged from 0 to 100% in only 2 to 3 hours. Just like the SimplyGo battery charger, it only weighs 2 lbs and comes with a 90 warranty. It's very small and comes in black, so it will be nice and inconspicuous. This charger also comes with its own power supply. Inogen One G2 Battery Charger
– Works to charge the 12-cell and 24-cell batteries that are compatible with the Inogen One G2 portable concentrator. It can charge a completely depleted 12-cell to fully charged in 4 hours and the 24-cell to full in 8 hours. It resembles the battery charger for the G3 in size and shape, but is different colors. It weighs just 5 pounds and comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty and a compatible AC adapter. Sequal Eclipse Desktop External Battery Charger
– Compatible with all Sequal Eclipse portable concentrators, the Eclipse, Eclipse 2 and Eclipse 3 batteries. It comes with an AC adapter that will work anywhere in North America, but it also comes with a plug adapter that will fit an outlet anywhere in the world. It only weighs 6 pounds and is very short and inconspicuous. This speedy charger will have your Eclipse battery fully charged in 5 hours or less, depending on the flow recharge time setting. It also comes with a 90 day warranty. DeVilbiss iGo External Battery Charger
– This powerful charger will have your iGo batteries charged in around 3 hours. It's a very small and simple charger to use and it can be used with the iGo AC power supply cord.
The Best Way to Use Your Battery Charger
The best way to use your external battery charger, is to carry it with you as you travel and leave it in your hotel room or by your power source. When one battery has been drained, you take it out and replace it with your fully charged spare battery.
Carrying a spare battery with you ensures that you have plenty of time while you are out and about or traveling, to do the things you want to do and go where you want to go. If you have a spare battery, you will also need a battery charger to power up one while you use the other.
You should always check with an airline at least 48 hours in advance, but many airlines require that you bring at least one more fully charged battery with you on your flight. Concentrators such as the Lifechoice that cannot be charged externally are still FAA approved and should still be allowed on the flight.