Second Wind Lung Transplant Association
Overview:The Second Wind Lung Transplant Association, Inc., provides information about lung transplantation. The organization was formed in 1995, when lung transplantation was changing from an experimental treatment that was rarely used to a more common method of treating end-stage lung disease.
Now, the Second Wind Lung Transplant Association, Inc., has over 400 members worldwide, including chapters in the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom, South Africa, and Germany. The international organization provides comprehensive information about lung transplantation to those living with a lung condition, as well as their caregivers. Members of the Second Wind Lung Transplant Association, Inc., gain access to additional information, including a quarterly publication containing information on lung health, transplantation, and articles from transplant doctors.
Members of the association are also connected with other lung transplant patients and their caregivers. Through the Peer Support Program, patients and caregivers are partnered with an individual who has received a successful transplant. Members also gain access to a mailing list and messaging board, where participants can ask questions, post comments, or share their personal experiences with the community. This personal and welcoming environment helps individuals gain a better understanding of the transplant process and reduce concern and anxiety prior to the procedure.
Better Breathers Groups Additional Information:
- Location: Membership Services in Columbus, OH
- Primary Emphasis: To improve the quality of life for lung transplant recipients, lung surgery candidates, people with related pulmonary concerns and their families, by providing support, love, advocacy, education, information and guidance through a spirit of service, adding years to their lives and life to their years.
- Link to website: https://www.2ndwind.org/
Additional Respiratory Resources Info:
- American Lung Association
- Better Breathers Groups
- Alpha -1 Association
- Alpha 1 Foundation
- Second Wind Lung Transplant Association, Inc
- American Legacy Foundation
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Cancer Resource Center
- Today's Caregiver Magazine
- COPD International
- COPD Alert Support and Advocacy Group
- Emphysema Foundation for Our Right to Survive
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
- National Home Oxygen Patients Association (NHOPA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Medline Plus
- Medscape Today
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute on Aging
- Pulmonary Education & Research Foundation
- American Thoracic Society
- Visiting Angels