NHOPA National Home Oxygen Patients Association (NHOPA)
The National Home Oxygen Patient's Association was established in the late 1990s and is devoted exclusively to improving the lives of people across the country who require supplementary oxygen on a regular basis. A prestigious group of physicians and allied health professionals, providers and manufacturers formed the association when they recognized that, despite their own efforts to speak on behalf of their patients and customers, oxygen patients truly needed their own organization.
- Location: 8618 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 210, Vienna, VA 22182-2222
- Primary Emphasis: NHOPA publishes handbooks, monthly articles, and directories for user to user patients. They also have an abundance of resources for patients to use in helping them deal with their daily need for oxygen.
Additional Respiratory Resources Info:
- American Lung Association
- Better Breathers Groups
- Alpha -1 Association
- Alpha 1 Foundation
- Second Wind Lung Transplant Association, Inc
- American Legacy Foundation
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Cancer Resource Center
- Today's Caregiver Magazine
- COPD International
- COPD Alert Support and Advocacy Group
- Emphysema Foundation for Our Right to Survive
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
- National Home Oxygen Patients Association (NHOPA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Medline Plus
- Medscape Today
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute on Aging
- Pulmonary Education & Research Foundation
- American Thoracic Society
- Visiting Angels
The more you learn about the air you breathe to more you can protect your health, view the American Lung Association's State of the Air Infographic for more information about air pollution in the United States.
For a better understanding of terminology visit our Glossary.