Emphysema Foundation for Our Right to Survive
There are many resources available for those who suffer from respiratory diseases. Support organizations and informational websites exist for nearly every major disease. We'll help guide you to the resources you need.
EFFORTS is a non-profit organization which takes an active role in promoting research for more effective treatment and, hopefully, a cure for emphysema and related lung diseases.
- Location: Kansas City, MO
- Primary Emphasis: EFFORTS is dedicated to the support of individuals who suffer with Emphysema, a Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). They also work to further the education of those who are not completely familiar with our disease, and we provide a support mailing list for our members.
- Link to website: http://www.emphysema.net/bindex.asp
Additional Respiratory Resources Info:
- American Lung Association
- Better Breathers Groups
- Alpha -1 Association
- Alpha 1 Foundation
- Second Wind Lung Transplant Association, Inc
- American Legacy Foundation
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Cancer Resource Center
- Today's Caregiver Magazine
- COPD International
- COPD Alert Support and Advocacy Group
- Emphysema Foundation for Our Right to Survive
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
- National Home Oxygen Patients Association (NHOPA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Medline Plus
- Medscape Today
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute on Aging
- Pulmonary Education & Research Foundation
- American Thoracic Society
- Visiting Angels
The more you learn about the air you breathe to more you can protect your health, view the American Lung Association's State of the Air Infographic for more information about air pollution in the United States.
For a better understanding of terminology visit our Glossary.