Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
There are many resources available for those who suffer from respiratory diseases. Support organizations and informational websites exist for nearly every major disease. We'll help guide you to the resources you need.
The CDC is one of the major operating components of the Department of Health and Human Services. For more than 60 years, the CDC has been dedicated to protecting health and promoting quality of life through the prevention and control of disease, injury and disability. We are committed to programs that reduce the health and economic consequences of the leading causes of death and disability, thereby ensuring a long, productive, healthy life for all people.
- Location: 1600 Clifton Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30329-4018
- Primary Emphasis: CDC's Mission is to collaborate to create the expertise, information and tools that people and communities need to protect their health – through health promotion, prevention of disease, injury, disability and preparedness for new health threats.
- Link to website: http://www.cdc.gov/
Additional Respiratory Resources Info:
- American Lung Association
- Better Breathers Groups
- Alpha -1 Association
- Alpha 1 Foundation
- Second Wind Lung Transplant Association, Inc
- American Legacy Foundation
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Cancer Resource Center
- Today's Caregiver Magazine
- COPD International
- COPD Alert Support and Advocacy Group
- Emphysema Foundation for Our Right to Survive
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
- National Home Oxygen Patients Association (NHOPA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Medline Plus
- Medscape Today
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute on Aging
- Pulmonary Education & Research Foundation
- American Thoracic Society
- Visiting Angels
The more you learn about the air you breathe to more you can protect your health, view the American Lung Association's State of the Air Infographic for more information about air pollution in the United States.
For a better understanding of terminology visit our Glossary.