Better Breathers Groups
There are many resources available for those who suffer from respiratory diseases. Support organizations and informational websites exist for nearly every major disease. We'll help guide you to the resources you need.
Sponsored by the American Lung Association, Better Breathers Clubs offer the opportunity to learn ways to better cope with COPD while getting the support of others who share in your struggles. These support groups give you the tools you need to live the best quality of life you can. Better Breathers Clubs meet regularly and feature educational presentations on a wide range of relevant topics.
- Location: Many locations throughout the US. Check for locations near you at http://www.lungusa.org/lung-disease/copd/connect-with-others/better-breathers-clubs/
- Primary Emphasis: Support groups for COPD patients
- Link to website: http://www.lungusa.org/lung-disease/copd/connect-with-others/better-breathers-clubs/
Additional Respiratory Resources Info:
- American Lung Association
- Better Breathers Groups
- Alpha -1 Association
- Alpha 1 Foundation
- Second Wind Lung Transplant Association, Inc
- American Legacy Foundation
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Cancer Resource Center
- Today's Caregiver Magazine
- COPD International
- COPD Alert Support and Advocacy Group
- Emphysema Foundation for Our Right to Survive
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
- National Home Oxygen Patients Association (NHOPA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Medline Plus
- Medscape Today
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute on Aging
- Pulmonary Education & Research Foundation
- American Thoracic Society
- Visiting Angels
The more you learn about the air you breathe to more you can protect your health, view the American Lung Association's State of the Air Infographic for more information about air pollution in the United States.
For a better understanding of terminology visit our Glossary.