There are many resources available for those who suffer from respiratory diseases. Support organizations and informational websites exist for nearly every major disease. We'll help guide you to the resources you need.
Medscape from WebMD offers specialists, primary care physicians and other health professionals the web's most robust and integrated medical information and educational tools. After a simple, one time, free registration, Medscape from WebMD automatically delivers to you a personalized specialty site that best fits your registration profile.
- Location: Medscape, LLC825 Eighth Avenue, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10019
- Primary Emphasis: Original, professional medical content, including review articles, journal commentary, expert columns, patient education articles, book reviews, and more; Conference Coverage: Thought leaders summarize key data and presentations from major medical meetings.
- Link to website: http://www.medscape.com/medscapetoday
Additional Respiratory Resources Info:
- American Lung Association
- Better Breathers Groups
- Alpha -1 Association
- Alpha 1 Foundation
- Second Wind Lung Transplant Association, Inc
- American Legacy Foundation
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Cancer Resource Center
- Today's Caregiver Magazine
- COPD International
- COPD Alert Support and Advocacy Group
- Emphysema Foundation for Our Right to Survive
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
- National Home Oxygen Patients Association (NHOPA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Medline Plus
- Medscape Today
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute on Aging
- Pulmonary Education & Research Foundation
- American Thoracic Society
- Visiting Angels
The more you learn about the air you breathe to more you can protect your health, view the American Lung Association's State of the Air Infographic for more information about air pollution in the United States.
For a better understanding of terminology visit our Glossary.