There are many resources available for those who suffer from respiratory diseases. Support organizations and informational websites exist for nearly every major disease. We'll help guide you to the resources you need.
MedlinePlus is the National Institute of Health's website for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, it brings you information about diseases, conditions and wellness issues in language you can understand. MedlinePlus offers reliable, up-to-date health information anytime, anywhere, for free.
- Location: 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894
- Primary Emphasis: You can use MedlinePlus to learn about the latest treatments, look up information on a drug or supplement, find out the meanings of words or view medical videos or illustrations.
- Link to website: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/
Additional Respiratory Resources Info:
- American Lung Association
- Better Breathers Groups
- Alpha -1 Association
- Alpha 1 Foundation
- Second Wind Lung Transplant Association, Inc
- American Legacy Foundation
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Cancer Resource Center
- Today's Caregiver Magazine
- COPD International
- COPD Alert Support and Advocacy Group
- Emphysema Foundation for Our Right to Survive
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
- National Home Oxygen Patients Association (NHOPA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Medline Plus
- Medscape Today
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute on Aging
- Pulmonary Education & Research Foundation
- American Thoracic Society
- Visiting Angels
The more you learn about the air you breathe to more you can protect your health, view the American Lung Association's State of the Air Infographic for more information about air pollution in the United States.
For a better understanding of terminology visit our Glossary.