There are many resources available for those who suffer from respiratory diseases. Support organizations and informational websites exist for nearly every major disease. We'll help guide you to the resources you need.
The Alpha-1 Foundation is a not-for-profit Florida-based corporation founded in 1995 by John Walsh, Susan Stanley and Sandy Lindsey, three individuals diagnosed with Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (AAT Deficiency or Alpha-1). The Foundation is dedicated to providing the leadership and resources that will result in increased research, improved health, worldwide detection and a cure for AAT Deficiency. The majority of the Board of Directors are either diagnosed with Alpha-1 or have a family member diagnosed with Alpha-1.
- Location: Headquarted in Florida.
- Primary Emphasis: The Alpha-1 Foundation is dedicated to providing the leadership and resources that will result in increased research, improved health, worldwide detection, and a cure for Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency.
- Link to website: http://www.alpha-1foundation.org/
Additional Respiratory Resources Info:
- American Lung Association
- Better Breathers Groups
- Alpha -1 Association
- Alpha 1 Foundation
- Second Wind Lung Transplant Association, Inc
- American Legacy Foundation
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Cancer Resource Center
- Today's Caregiver Magazine
- COPD International
- COPD Alert Support and Advocacy Group
- Emphysema Foundation for Our Right to Survive
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
- National Home Oxygen Patients Association (NHOPA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Medline Plus
- Medscape Today
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute on Aging
- Pulmonary Education & Research Foundation
- American Thoracic Society
- Visiting Angels
The more you learn about the air you breathe to more you can protect your health, view the American Lung Association's State of the Air Infographic for more information about air pollution in the United States.
For a better understanding of terminology visit our Glossary.